Es ist soweit. Black Ops erhielt nun auch endlich das Update für PC. Nach dem Chaos um den PS3-Patch bleibt zu hoffen, dass alles läuft. Die Änderungen sehen jedenfalls schonmal ganz gut aus:
Call of Duty Black Ops:
* Improved threading performance on computers with only 2 cores.
* Additional performance optimizations
* Added an option to pre-cache all shaders during load time. This fixes hitching related to shader compiling on some video cards when viewing an area of the map for the first time.
* Fixed random freezes in certain computer configurations.
* Allow Team Change on Ranked servers when it does not unbalance teams (this is a server admin option).
* Allow Team Change grace period at start of match (server admin option).
* Added 4 more reserved slots (server admin option)
* Improved quickmatch results (server side change)
* Fix for watching films through Combat Record
* Fixed compassSpectatorsSeeEnemies exploit
* Fixed 3rd person fov exploit
* Fix for infinite supply drop exploit.
* Fixed crosshair flickering when stereo is active.
* Various spawn improvements
* Various sound improvements
* Fix for Zombies – Teammate shadows not displayed properly.
* Fix for radar not staying on in One in the Chamber when it should.
* In a Domination match, the Position Secured medal is no longer delayed.
* ‘Hardened: Equipment Shot’ Challenge can now be completed by destroying a ‘Camera Spike’.
* Fix for choppy final killcam in dedicated servers.
* Various map glitches fixed.
* Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by his)
* Added mixed hardcore playlist
* Added mixed barebones playlist
* Added 12 player versions of all playlists
Black Ops Rcon Tool:
* Reduced timeout values. Connect (or failure to connect is faster).
* Added all white-listed dvars for Ranked and Unranked. Admins have rcon access to ALL available dvars.
* Added Settings and Console tabs for Ranked servers.
* Fixes a bug where the “Server” tab doesn’t update values when connecting to a new server.
* Added version number to the title bar.
* Fixed a bug where UI state didn’t persist after switching to another server.
* Added “disconnect” button.
* Fixed map “set” to not use admindvar.
* Changed all dvars which could be possibly float, to float. Mostly these are time-type dvars.
* Fixed bug where entering a value of zero for Message Duration would cause a unhandled exception error.
* Truncated all message fields to 140 chars.